Mob: 0475 812 350
Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
Contact Leanne Walding
Ability Links NSW supports people aged 9-64 living with a disability, their families & carers to live the life they want. It does this through linking people with their community.
Alzheimer’s Australia NSW
Tel: 1800 100 500
Providing advocacy, support services, education and information for people with dementia and their families and carers.
Find us on Facebook
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW
Tel: 1800 011 041
Web: www.arthritisnsw.org.au; www.fb.com/ArthritisNSW
Contact Judith Davies 6359 3037
Hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Find us on Facebook
Tel: 9280 4744
Carer Line: 1800 242 636
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Provides carer information, support and counselling for all carers.
Find us on Facebook @carersnewsouthwales
Find us on Twitter @CarersNSW
Gorrie Ban (Caring for the Elderly)
Fatima Hall, Great Western Highway
Tel: 6351 4056
Mob: 0407 918 072
Contact: Noela Williams
Hours: from 10am every Monday
Home Care Today
Tel: (03) 9909 7910
Contact Ronda Held, Manager: email@example.com
Home Care Today supports consumers accessing home care by providing information about Consumer Directed Care
LINC CHSP (Commonwealth Home Support Program)
1 Padley Street
Postal address: PO Box 289 Lithgow 2790
Tel: 6352 2077 for general enquires; 6354 5911 for food services; 6354 5909 for community lunch & social support; 6354 5908 for home maintenance & gardening.,
Fax: 6353 1826
Hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- CHSP (Commonwealth Home Support Program): For people who are frail aged. You can you also get services from CHSP at 55yrs of age if you are aboriginal. LINC CHSP services can help people to remain independent in their own homes.
- CHSP Food Service: Hot meals home delivered on weekdays with frozen meals for weekends or to have on hand for your convenience.
- CHSP Community Lunches: Outings for small groups of eligible people who may find it difficult to get out to socialise. Transport provided. Skilled staff members assist older people to enjoy outings to local cafes & restaurants.
- Home Modification: Modifications can be made to assist with safety in the home. Assistance includes grabrails, handrails, ramps, bathroom alterations, handheld showers
- Home Maintenance: Small handyman jobs such as minor repairs eg cupboard & door locks, mowing and weeding.
- LINC café Flo’s Kitchen A daytime activity for older people. Held in the LINC hall at 1 Padley Street, Lithgow, three Tuesdays each month. Refreshments and companionship with occasional special events. Suitable for carers to bring a family member or friend. Donation for a cuppa and a snack. Level access and disability accessible facilities. To enquire, leave a message with name and phone number on 6354 5914 or 6354 5909 and someone will return your call.
- Social Support: Practical and social support can include shopping assistance, companionship, assistance to attend appointments.
- Aged Day Centre Doreen’s Place Recreation and social activities for older people who are frail or have memory loss. A safe and suitable environment with level access. Offers a break for carers. A fee is charged for the service. Funded by the Dept of Health & Ageing.
- Overnight ADC Respite Care Doreen’s Place: Overnight Aged Day Care Respite in a homely environment for people who have memory loss.
LiveBetter Community Services
1 Ordnance Avenue Lithgow NSW 2790
Tel: 1800 580 580
v Support Coordination
v Commonwealth Carer Respite Centre
v Employed Carers
v Mental Health Respite
v Young Carers
v Home Modifications
v Community Transport
Portland Community Morning Tea
Mary O’Leary Centre
43 Willewa St Portland
Tel: 6355 5745
Contact Neil for transport
Morning tea 10.30am 1st Tuesday of the month
My Aged Care
Tel: 1800 200 422
Hours Monday-Friday 8am-8pm; Saturday 10am-2pm
Australian Government website for all information about aged care.
Tel: 0409 765 601
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-3pm.
SKILL & CONNECT – Support group for parents/carers and people with a disability needing assistance, guidance and a friendly ear. Everyone welcome. Social activities including Cooking and Sewing classes – bookings essential for these classes.
Find us on Facebook @nannastouch.autismsupport
National Dementia Helpline
Tel: 1800 100 500 for information and support
National Disability Coordination Officer
Mobile: 0458 489 597
Hours: 8.00am to 4pm Monday to Friday
Contact: Kris Lear
Find us on Facebook @NDCOwesternnsw
NSW Elder Abuse Helpline
Tel: 1800 628 221
Find us on Facebook
2 Silcock St
Tel: 6351 4887
Office hours: 9am – 4pm Monday to Friday
Community Access and Day Program, Post School Program, Transition to Work, Community Participation Program, Community Access and Day Program, Life Choices,Active Ageing