Mob: 0475 812 350
Hours: 9am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
Contact: Caroline Poulter
Linkers work closely with people with a disability aged between 7 -64, including their family and carers, by linking people into their local community and providing assistance with achieving their goals. Linkers also work alongside Communities supporting them to become welcoming and inclusive.
Alzheimer’s Australia NSW
Tel: 1800 100 500
Providing advocacy, support services, education and information for people with dementia and their families and carers.
Find us on Facebook @DementiaAustralia
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW
Tel: 1800 011 041
Contact: 02 9847 3300
Hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Find us on Facebook @ArthritisNSW
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW (AONSW) is a charitable and membership-based organisation that seeks to improve the quality of life for the 1 in 4 Australians affected by arthritis, osteoporosis and other musculoskeletal conditions. The organisation works to empower the individual to manage their own condition and health towards achieving their personal meaning of AONSW’s vision Freedom from Arthritis.
The organisation is a trusted source of evidence-based and up-to-date information on arthritis and its treatment, with education programs delivered across a number of platforms such as workshops, webinars and community awareness sessions. The health services team develops and delivers exercise programs tailored to the needs of people affected by arthritis, such as the popular Warm Water Exercise Classes. Each year, the organisation delivers two camps for children affected by juvenile arthritis: Camp Twinkletoes for children under 8 years old and their families, and Camp Footloose for children and young people aged 9 to 18 years.
AONSW engages with the community through a value-driven membership program, a network of support groups across NSW, publications such as Arthritis Matters, eNewsletter subscriptions, social media platforms such as Facebook and LinkedIn, and a toll-free Arthritis Infoline which connects callers with health professionals.
As a charitable organization, AONSW recognizes the contribution of its donors, sponsors, members and other supporters that enable the development and delivery of its programs.
Tel: 9280 4744
Carer Line: 1800 242 636
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Provides carer information, support and counselling for all carers.
Find us on Facebook @carersnewsouthwales
Find us on Twitter @CarersNSW
Gorrie Ban (Caring for the Elderly)
Fatima Hall, Great Western Highway
Tel: 6352 1466
Mob: 0408 254 144
Contact: Christine Knott
Hours: Mondays only after 12.00 noon
LINC CHSP (Commonwealth Home Support Program)
1 Padley Street, Lithgow 2790
Tel: 6352 2077 for general enquires
Fax: 6353 1826
Hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- CHSP (Commonwealth Home Support Program): For people who are frail and aged over 65. You can also receive services form CHSP at 55 years of age if you are aboriginal. LINC CHSP services can help people to remain independent in their own homes.
- CHSP Food Service: Hot meals home delivered on weekdays with frozen meals for weekends or to have on hand for your convenience.
- CHSP Community Lunches: Outings for small groups of eligible people who may find it difficult to get out to socialise. Transport provided. Skilled staff members assist older people to enjoy outings to local cafes & restaurants.
- Home Modification: Modifications can be made to assist with safety in the home. Assistance includes grabrails, handrails, ramps, bathroom alterations, handheld showers.
- Home Maintenance: Small handyman jobs such as minor repairs eg cupboard & door locks, mowing and weeding.
- LINC café Flo’s Kitchen A daytime activity for older people. Held in the LINC hall at 1 Padley Street, Lithgow, three Tuesdays each month. Refreshments and companionship with occasional special events. Suitable for carers to bring a family member or friend. Donation for a cuppa and a snack. Level access and disability accessible facilities. To enquire, leave a message with name and phone number on 6354 5914 or 6354 5909 and someone will return your call.
- Social Support: Practical and social support can include shopping assistance, companionship, assistance to attend appointments.
- Aged Day Centre Doreen’s Place Recreation and social activities for older people who are frail or have memory loss. A safe and suitable environment with level access. Offers a break for carers. A fee is charged for the service. Funded by the Dept of Health & Ageing.
- Telephone Companion: Weekly telephone call for people who are isolated or lonely.
- Overnight Dementia Care: Overnight care in a homely environment for people who have memory loss.
LithGrow Community Garden
Cnr. Hoskins Avenue & Roy Streets, Lithgow 2790
Tel: 0419 469 230
Community produce garden and social meeting place for all members of the community. Disability access available.
Find us on Facebook@policecitizensyouthclublithgow
LiveBetter Community Services
1 Ordnance Avenue Lithgow NSW 2790
Tel: 1800 580 580
v Support Coordination
v Commonwealth Carer Respite Centre
v Employed Carers
v Mental Health Respite
v Young Carers
v Home Modifications
v Community Transport
Portland Community Morning Tea
Mary O’Leary Centre
43 Willewa St Portland
Tel: 0477 727 114
Morning tea 10.30am 1st Tuesday of the month
My Aged Care
Tel: 1800 200 422
Hours Monday-Friday 8am-8pm; Saturday 10am-2pm
Australian Government website for all information about aged care.
131 Chifley Road, Lithgow 2790
Mobile: 0409 765 601
Contact Sue Murdock
Hours: 10am – 2pm Monday to Friday
Meeting Times: 10am – 2pm Tuesday – Sewing; 10am – 2pm Thursday – Community Connections
Find us on Facebook: Lithgow Nanna’s Touch ASD @nannastouch.autismsupport
Help for anyone within the community needing a social connection, guidance, and assistance, providing support network connections, creative crafts, sewing, and more, in an all-inclusive environment.
Fees and bookings apply
94-98 Main St, Lithgow 2790
Tel: 6351 4887
Office hours: 9am -5pm Monday to Friday
An NDIS Registered Provider for all your support needs including, Support Coordination, Plan Management, Respite, Independent Living Skills, Community Access, Employment Skills and Youth Programs. Also a provider of support for older people.