An Ombudsman is a person who can investigate and resolve disputes between people & government. This is a free service.
Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON)
Tel: 1800 246 545
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm excluding public holidays.
The Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON) provides a free, fair and independent dispute resolution service for all electricity and gas customers in New South Wales, and some water customers.
EWON can investigate a wide range of complaints, including:
• disputed accounts, high bills
• debts, arrears
• disconnection or restriction of supply
• actions of a provider that affect your property
• reliability of supply
• quality of supply (including claims for compensation)
• connection or transfer issues
• negotiated contracts
• marketing practices
• poor customer service
Fair Work Ombudsman
Tel: 13 13 94
Hours: 8am-5.30 pm Monday-Friday except public holidays.
Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
Tel: 1800 062 058
Hours: 9:00am to 5pm Monday to Friday